The weather actually cooperated today: though it was overcast and occasionally threatened rain, it stayed clear and workable all day.
So we went out and moved soil to backfill around the wall. And put the trellis back in place, if only to get it out of the driveway. (It's secured to the retaining wall with masonry fasteners, so no worries about it blowing over.)
I still have some work to do on the front beds, but that is not going to happen right away.
One thing I started working on was this bed between our house and the green house; I'd talked about it with the owners and the tenants, and we're going to do a bed of low-water perennials there. Some of them I will need to build up over time, but I do have a few pots of plants I can put there right away.
I actually kind of hope it does rain tonight, and the rain helps wash the rest of the pile into the low spots. We didn't finish moving it because we had other things we really wanted to get done this weekend. I'm going to wait to move the roses until I do my major pruning in July, and the pile is kind of stacked around them, so we just didn't move it all.
posted by ayse on 06/05/11