Come Take Down Our Walls
Once again it is time to smash up some plaster and make an almighty mess of the house. This time we're taking down one ceiling and the (remaining) walls of both bathrooms, and you are all invited to come over and break some stuff. Specifically the stuff we tell you to, of course. Can't be breaking all kinds of random stuff we weren't planning to deal with. This is all in service of us having more than one bathroom, which I think everybody agrees is a good thing.
In addition to a certain amount of plaster whomping, there's also plaster scrubbing and a kitchen crew who will be managing meals and drinks and so forth, should your talents run somewhere other than punching holes in walls or shoveling out debris.
July 21, 9:00am until we finish. Email for directions if you need 'em.
- Hard hats, eye protection, and gloves provided. Or you can bring your own.
- Extra shovels, brooms, pry bars, or sledges appreciated.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and long pants. Even if you plan to be in the kitchen.
- Feel free to bring a change of clothes if you'd like to shower here (we have many towels and lots of hot water).
- Dogs in general not a good idea. Children likewise.
- Let us know if you're inclined to a particular area, otherwise we'll sort you out where we need people.
posted by ayse on 06/27/12